The United Nations Association of Uganda (UNAU) www.unauganda.org is a non profit, Non-Government Organization, duly registered in Uganda. The Association is affiliated to the World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) www.wfuna.org
The UN Association of Uganda (UNAU) works to promote the Aims, Objectives, Principles and Ideals of the UN in Uganda as enshrined in the UN Charter.
Vision: “A peaceful and prosperous world”
Mission: “To promote the Aims and Ideals of the United Nations”
Aims and Objectives
- To promote the Aims and ideals of the UNITED NATIONS by way of ensuring an informed public and larger knowledge about the United Nations, it’s meaning and potentialities.
- To work for the widest co-operation between Peoples and Nations of the World, to promote Uganda on the International scene and to work for the implementation of the UN Charter in Uganda.
- To work in co-operation with all national and international groups and organizations to ensure economic, social and cultural justice, for equality between men and women and for a more just world.
- To mobilize all the people of Uganda and other Resources for National Development, Peaceful Resolution of Conflicts, Human Rights Protection and Environmental Conservation.
- To work and strive for a more relevant, equitable and sustainable Education System aimed at attaining the highest levels of self-actualization by the people of Uganda.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or which are conducive to the attainment of the aims and objectives.